OOTP 15 Draft Pool

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Shinkansen

OOTP 15 Draft Pool

#1 Post by Shinkansen »

It's something that I've thought about since last spring as a sophomore, but as the release of OOTP 15 approaches, there is a chance that my teammate, Brian Brown, will be included in the draft pool for the game. He's now in his senior year and I've played with him the last three years. This to me, just seems really cool.

Here is my scouting report on Brian;

Info;
Name: Brian Brown, we call him "Brownie" for short
School: Coatesville High School
Ht/ Wt: 6'0"/ 190 lbs
Pos: SP/ 1B
B/T: L/ L
Overall Future Potential: 63
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hitting/ Fielding;
Hitting Ability (CUR/POT): 3/4
Raw Power: 1/2
Power Frequency: 1/2
Running Speed: 3/3
Base Running: 4/4
Arm Strength: 6/8
Arm Accuracy: 7/8
Fielding: 6/7
Range: 4/5
Instincts: 5/5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pitching;
Fastball Velocity: 4/6 (87-88)
Fastball Movement: 4/6
Curveball: 3/5
Change: 6/8
Slider: 4/6
Overall Control: 6/8
Command: 6/8
Poise: 7/7
Baseball Instincts: 6/6
Non-Physical Characteristics;
Aggressiveness: 6
Drive: 7
Self-Confiedence: 7
Mental Toughness: 7
Courage: 8
Dedication: 8
Coach Ability: 8
Work Habits: 8
Off-Field Habits: 7
Hitter Type;
POW [ ]
LINEDRIVE [ ]
SLAP [X]
Delivery;
Overhand [ ]
High 3/4 [ ]
Low 3/4 [X]
Sidearm [ ]
Submarine [ ]
Year Eligible: 2014
Graduation Date: June, 2014
Physical Description:
Lanky, Good Pitcher body, projects to fill out and development nicely
Strengths:
Brian knows how to pitch, can put the ball wherever he wants and has a confidence on the mound, puts a fear into hitters when he takes the mound. Change up is a plus-plus pitch and can even the best hitters out. Pick off move is the best I've EVER seen, very deceptive to both the hitter and baserunner. Extremely advanced for his age.
Weaknesses:
None that will hurt him from developing into his potential.
Overall Summation:
Brian shows a true desire to pitch and win, he has all the tools of a future stud. On and off the field, his work ethic and leadership are outstanding. His 'pitchability' is insane, just knows how to pitch. Real prospect here.
Signability:
Going to NC State on Scholarship, should sign if drafted though.
-Should go somewhere in rounds 5 to 7, but may fall do to lack of interest from other teams. Red Sox, Tigers, and Blue Jays with most interest so far.
Start at which level: Full Season A Ball
Prospect Category:
Excellent [ ] 70-80
Very Good [ ] 61-65
Above Average [X] 61-65
Average [ ] 55-60
Below Average [ ] 49-54
Well Blw Average [ ] 44-48
No Potential [ ] 20-39
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OOTP 15 Draft Pool

#2 Post by John »

That's very cool, Charlie! Keep us updated on his progress. ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Shinkansen

#3 Post by Shinkansen »

He was originally committed to Duke, but he didn't get in because of his grades :shake: Now, if he decides to go the college route, he'll be attending the same school as our QB from two years ago, Manny Stocker. He was a top football recruit, and so it his younger brother, who I play basketball with. We have quite an athletic program here ;-D I'll keep everyone updated!
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Cole »

So where's your draft potential? Any scouts looking your way?
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Shinkansen

#5 Post by Shinkansen »

Badgers wrote:So where's your draft potential? Any scouts looking your way?
Lol I'm only a junior so I still have some time. As for scouts looking my way, it's been primarily Division 2 college coaches. Only contact I've had with a ML scout was the Blue Jays, who emailed, requesting information. I'm 6'3" and have room to fill out a little bit, so they like that, I also have the best speed in our league and swiped 41 bags last year ;-D Right now, my biggest draw back is my elbow tendinitis, I can only get it up to the upper 70s and low 80s. But, the lack of velocity is really teaching my how to 'pitch.' But, if I can learn to deal with the tendinitis, I should be in good shape.
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Nigel »

Good luck with that Charlie ;-D It would be nice to see a member of the PEBA universe in the majors ! And that knowing smile when the catchers going out to the mound he's not talking about signs but the latest trade offer from the Akira ! :lol:
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Shinkansen

#7 Post by Shinkansen »

In his first game of the season, Coatesville SP Brian Brown threw a no-hitter, with 12 K's in a 3-0 victory.
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#8 Post by Rory »

Only bad thing about throwing a no-no in your first game of the season, it's all down hill from there. :sweat:
Matt
VIP
VIP

#9 Post by Matt »

Knights wrote:Only bad thing about throwing a no-no in your first game of the season, it's all down hill from there. :sweat:
Oh, I don't know about that. In high school, Al Leiter threw back to back no hitters, then in the 3rd game struck out 32 batters in 13 innings. :shock:
Shinkansen

#10 Post by Shinkansen »

Calzones wrote:
Knights wrote:Only bad thing about throwing a no-no in your first game of the season, it's all down hill from there. :sweat:
Oh, I don't know about that. In high school, Al Leiter threw back to back no hitters, then in the 3rd game struck out 32 batters in 13 innings. :shock:
There was some Florida kid who threw like 5 or 6 straight no-hitters a few years ago :o

I think he's in the D-backs organization now or something like that
Robert_Ogden
Single-A
Single-A

#11 Post by Robert_Ogden »

Shinkansen wrote:In his first game of the season, Coatesville SP Brian Brown threw a no-hitter, with 12 K's in a 3-0 victory.
You have already played a game... and your in what state... Pennsylvania? We still have frozen ground in 30 degrees in New England.

Are you going to draft him?
Shinkansen

#12 Post by Shinkansen »

Fishermen wrote:
Shinkansen wrote:In his first game of the season, Coatesville SP Brian Brown threw a no-hitter, with 12 K's in a 3-0 victory.
You have already played a game... and your in what state... Pennsylvania? We still have frozen ground in 30 degrees in New England.

Are you going to draft him?
Yes, our first game of the season, after months of indoor workouts/practice. If he's in the game, I'll take him with the Astros 1st pick :lol:
Robert_Ogden
Single-A
Single-A

#13 Post by Robert_Ogden »

I didn't know that OOTP actually would go so far as to get data on actual HS or college players. I figured they were all fictional.
I had a cousin the pitched in junior college. Anybody got him in any of their games?

Brett Stackhouse
Shinkansen

#14 Post by Shinkansen »

Fishermen wrote:I didn't know that OOTP actually would go so far as to get data on actual HS or college players. I figured they were all fictional.
I had a cousin the pitched in junior college. Anybody got him in any of their games?

Brett Stackhouse
You can look for yourself :)

All the draft eligible players are the same in every "Creat Major League Game" in OOTP.
Denra44

#15 Post by Denra44 »

Shinkansen wrote: Yes, our first game of the season, after months of indoor workouts/practice. If he's in the game, I'll take him with the Astros 1st pick :lol:
Haha we're already like halfway through with our season down here in Texas. It goes from February to April 25 (Playoffs go on till like about June) But, it of course ends right before spring football, what all the coaches really seem to care about!

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”